Wei-Chi Yang is a professor of Math
and Stats at Radford University. Among
the many professions he has undertaken while in academia, Dr. Yang has founded
the Asian Technology Conference in Mathematics
(ATCM) in 1995 and the
Electronic Journal of Mathematics and Technology (eJMT) in 2007.
Dr. Yang launched the printed version of eJMT, called the Research Journal of Mathematics and Technology (RJMT) in February of 2012. He has written
a book with
Jonathan Lewin. Dr. Yang enjoys playing tennis, ping-pong, writing Chinese
calligraphy, traveling and etc.
Awards or Honors
Dr. Yang is invited by the Japan National Tourism Organization (click here), an independent admistrative institution of the government of Japan, to select a possible venue for ATCM in Japan in the near future, March 6-11, 2017.
Dr. Yang was awarded as a FELLOW at the International Conference on Technology in Collegiate Mathematics 2016 (ICTCM 2016).
See an article here.
Dr. Yang was awarded a guest professorship by the Leshan Normal University, China in December of 2015.
Dr. Yang received the Professor Honoris Causa at Czech University of Life Sciences Prague on October 21, 2013. See an article here.
See photo flash here.
Dr. Yang also received a Medal and a Diploma.
Dr. Yang was Interviewed by EduWebTV.com-A Talk show of the official Web TV for the Ministry of Education in Malaysia on May 15, 2009-the video can
of the 2009 Radford University Foundation Distinguished Creative Scholar Award. (Click here)
- December 14-18, 2016: Dr. Yang organized and delivered his plenary speech at the annual international conference, ATCM 2016 in Pattaya, Thailand. A photo slide can be found at this link.
- July 2-9, 2016: Dr. Yang was invited to visit Suan Sunandha Rajabhat University, Bangkok, Thailand and meet with the president of IPST (Thailand) and her team members.
- March 11, 2016: Dr. Yang gave a session speech at the ICTCM 2016, Atlanta.
- December 16-20, 2015: Initiated collaborations between Suan Sunandha Rajabhat University Bangkok, Thailand and Leshan Normal University, China, Leshan Technical and Vocational College respectively.
- December 16-20, 2015: ATCM 2015 was featured by a Chinese TV channel, which can be found at this link.
- Delivered a plenary speech at ATCM 2015, December 16-20.
- June 3-7, 2015: Invited to visit Leshan Vocational and Technical College, China.
- March 14, 2015: Presented a session talk at ICTCM 2015, March 12-15.
- January 9-10, 2015: Dr. Yang delivered a plenary speech at the Second International Conference on Creative Mathematics Teaching at
Chung Yuan Christian University, Taiwan.
- November 26-30, 2014: Dr. Yang was invited to deliver a plenary speech at ATCM 2014 in Indonesia. Picture can be found here and here.
- August 6-9, 2014:Dr. Yang was invited to deliver a plenary speech at ATCM-Korea .
- June 1-30, 2014:Dr. Yang was invited as a visiting researcher at the University of Tsukuba, Japan.
- May 12-21, 2014:Dr. Yang was invited as a visiting professor at Beijing Normal University, China.
- April 3-7, 2014: Dr. Yang gave a lecture at
SEAMEO Regional Centre for Quality Improvement of Teachers and Education Personnel (QITEP) in Mathematics
- February 27-April 27, 2014:Dr. Yang was invited as a visiting professor at Guangzhou University, China.
- February 18-23, 2014:Dr. Yang visited Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University, South Africa.
- January 12-27, 2014:Dr. Yang was invited as a visiting professor at the National Institute of Education, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore.
- December 7-11 2013:Dr. Yang gave an opening speech and a plenary speech at the 18th Asian Technology Conference in Mathematcs, Mumbai, India.
- November 20-24 2013:Dr. Yang was invited to give a talk for Chinese Academy of Sciences-Chong Qing China .
- November 16-20 2013:Dr. Yang was invited to give a talk for the University of Electronic Science and Technology-Chengdu (UESTC), China .
- October 24 2013:Dr. Yang was invited to give a talk for the Faculty of Education in the University of South Bohemia in České Budějovice.
- October 21 2013:Dr. Yang received the Professor Honoris Causa at Czech University of Life Sciences Prague
- September 13 2013:Dr. Yang was invited to the seminar of `Mathematics and Technology' at Jingzhong Middle School, Guangzhou, China on September 13.
- September 10-11 2013:Dr. Yang was invited to deliver two talks at Tianjin Normal University .
- September, 2013:Dr. Yang was invited to deliver a series of talks at Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing, China
- May 19-24, 2013:Dr. Yang was invited to Institute of India, Bombay and delivered a talk `Discovering and Exploring Mathematics with Evolving Technological Tools'.
- May 9-11, 2013:Dr. Yang visited Beijing Normal University and delivered a talk `Higher Dimensional Mean Value Theorem and its Applications' at the Chinese Academy of Sciences.
- March 21-24, 2013:Dr. Yang delivered a session talk at ICTCM, Boston.
- December 16-20, 2012: Dr. Yang organized and gave a plenary talk at the 17th ATCM in Bangkok, Thailand, photo flash can be found here.
- August 3-6, 2012: Dr. Yang organize and give lecture at the 2nd ATCM-China in Beijing.
- July 22-29, 2012: Dr. Yang give lectures in China.
- July 8-15, 2012: Dr. Yang goes to ICME12, Seoul, Korea. He is the co-chair of the Topic Study Group 18.
- June 4-11, 2012: Dr. Yang was invited to conduct lecture/workshop at University of Hradec Králové, Czech Republic from June 4-6, and give a plenary speech at (the conference ERIE 2012) from June 7 to 8. The conference is held at Czech University of Life Sciences Prague (CULS).
- May 7-25, 2012: Dr. Yang visits China, Thailand and Taiwan.
- March 22-25, 2012: Dr. Yang delivered a session talk at ICTCM, Orlando, Florida.
- February 21, 2012: Dr. Yang launched the RJMT. (CSAT News)
- December 17-19, 2011: Dr. Yang launched the first ATCM-Taiwan chapter .
- November 16, 2011: Dr. Yang assisted Linking Up
University in Hradec Králové and
University in Bangkok , click here .
- October 20, 2011: Dr. Yang appears at the news of CSAT (page 3)
- September 19-23, 2011: Dr. Yang delievers an opening ceremony speech and an invited talk at ATCM 2011 . Photos of ATCM 2011 can be
- August 11, 2011: Dr. Yang was invited by National Center for School Curriculum and Textbook Development in China to deliver a talk to a group of 250 middle and high school math teachers in Beijing,
- August 9, 2011: Dr. Yang was invited to deliver a talk at the Chinese Academy of Sciences in Beijing. The title is `Making Computational Integration Accessible.
- August 3-6, 2011: Dr. Yang launched ATCM-China chapter in Xi'an, China, and gave a plenary speech at the conference on August 6, 2011. The title is `Static and Dynamic Content and Evolving Technological Tools.
- August 1, 2011: Dr. Yang gave a lecture to a group of 500 mathematics teachers at the Guangdong Zhong-Yuan Middle School. The title is `Integrating Technology into Mathematics Education, past, present and future.
- May 18-26, 2011: Dr. Yang was invited to the International Workshop on Mathematics Education and Graphics on May 20 at Kogakuin University, Tokyo, Japan.
- May 9-18, 2011: Dr. Yang visits Taiwan.
- March 17-20, 2011: Dr. Yang gives a session talk at ICTCM 2011 in Denver.
- December 17-21, 2010: Dr. Yang delivered an opening speech at ATCM 2010, an invited talk and a solution to the competition problem at the conference. The conference proceedings can be found here.
- November 19-25, 2010: Dr. Yang has been invited by the Chinese Mathematics Education Research Group of Beijing Normal University and Chinese Academy of Sciences to give talks at the Institute of Computational Mathematics. He recently published a joint work with a member of the Chinese Academy of Sciences. See an article from CSAT.
- August 9-15, 2010: Invited to give a talk at the Bolu
Abant Izzet Baysal University, Turkey. Photo flash can be found
here, more photos from Istanbul here.
- June 28-July 8, 2010: Deliver two plenary speeches at
respectively. Photo flash can be found
- May 9-16, 2010: Visit Taiwan; May 17-22:
Malaysia-arranged to meet with
- the Deputy Prime Minister cum Education Minister of Malaysia,
- the Director General of the Education,
- Vice Chancellor of the University of Malaya.
- March 11-14, 2010: Present a session talk at the
- December 17-21, 2009: A plenary speaker at the the 14th
- October 22-24, 2009: Invited to give a talk at
the Paradigms in Mathematical Education for the XXIst Century-Sharing
educational experiences with Asia.
- May 20-24, 2009: Visit the host of ATCM 2009 at Beijing
Normal University (BNU).
- Meeting with BNU vice president, dean of sciences.
- Meeting with representatives of Chinese Mathematics Society and
Ministry of Education.
- May 13-16, 2009: Visit Universiti of Malaya, met with
Vice Chancellor, Professor Dr. Ghauth Jasmon.
- March 12-15, 2009: Deliver a 'session' talk at ICTCM-New
- February 17-19, 2009: Deliver a talk at the Department
of Mathematics, University of Texas at San Antonio.