Makers Learning Community
What is Makers?
Makers is a residential learning community with special classes, co-curricular activities, close faculty interactions, and access to a makerspace in your residence hall. Makers will experiment, innovate, and create solutions to real-world problems. As Makers you will work closely with a student assistant who was in RU Makers the previous year, and was chosen especially for this mentor position. Makers will also work with a select group of faculty from many academic disciplines who will help refine your skills and support you in your projects.
- Pre-registration in special Maker-themed required courses for all majors
- Living community in Peery Hall* with Makerspace
- Creative Projects & Workshops
- Access to High-Tech Makerspace
- Marketable Skills
- Close Interactions with faculty mentors
How do I qualify?
All freshmen who are interested in making, tinkering, or creating can qualify to participate in Makers learning community. Registration is limited by space availability on a first-come, first-served basis. Students must commit to living in Peery Hall.