Artis College of Science and Technology
- College of Business and Economics
- College of Education and Human Development
- College of Graduate Studies and Research
- Waldron College of Health and Human Services
- College of Humanities and Behavioral Sciences
- Artis College of Science and Technology
- College of Visual and Performing Arts
- Other Offices and Departments
- Biology Department
- Pre-Health Advisory Committee
- GIS Center
- Museum of the Earth Sciences
- Mathematics and Statistics
- Chemistry Department
- Radford University Planetarium
- Department of Physics
- Anthropological Sciences
- Selu Observatory
- Center for Information Safety and Security
- Department of Information Technology
- Forensic Science Institute
- Geospatial Science
- MS in Data And Information Management
Job Title: Contracts Intern
Location: Blacksburg, VA
ABOUT 1901 GROUP:
As an innovative Information Technology (IT) services company, 1901 Group has more work to do than there is time in a day, and we are looking for help in managing our contracts and subcontracts. This internship will require work with our contracts, finance, business development, and operations groups as well as with other IT companies and potentially our customers. 1901 Group is interested in talented people who are creative, self-motivated, and excited about helping us articulate our business value and corporate vision internally amongst our staff and externally to the world.
1901 Group offers internships under a variety of scenarios including seasonal-paid, part-time-paid, and seasonal-unpaid, for a wide range of focus areas including technical writing, web development, business analytics, and IT management. All internships are structured with a specific purpose and corresponding deliverable(s), an assigned 1901 Group executive sponsor, and an assigned onsite supervisor.
PURPOSE OF JOB:
The Contracts intern will provide assistance with the administration of contracts, subcontracts, and other business agreements.
Manage contract reporting processes and respond to customer requests for documentation and certifications.
Review and assist in negotiating contractual documents, including non-disclosure agreements, teaming agreements, contracts, and subcontracts.
Assist in managing subcontractor contributions to company prime contract proposals.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Ability to obtain a government security clearance.
Ability to be a team player to work effectively within and across groups.
Must be generally available to work at least four days per week. (Scheduling is flexible, but availability for ongoing projects is essential.)
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
High School Diploma or equivalent
Contact Stacey Jewell at firstname.lastname@example.org