College of Humanities & Behavioral Sciences
- College of Business and Economics
- College of Education and Human Development
- College of Graduate Studies and Research
- Waldron College of Health and Human Services
- College of Humanities and Behavioral Sciences
- Artis College of Science and Technology
- College of Visual and Performing Arts
- Other Offices and Departments
Three Sociology majors presented reports on their Internships
Three Sociology majors presented reports on their Internships Wednesday, April 1 in Heth Hall. Many students in attendance heard their experiences while gaining useful information toward their own internship plans.
Tiffany Goins- interning at Partnership for Access to Healthcare (PATH) regional inter-agency committee working.
Deryk Jackson- interned as administrative assistant with ACCESS Aids Care, a non-profit organization providing care and prevention services to families impacted by HIV/AIDS.
Chelsea Sayers- initially interned with Beans and Rice, Inc. and is now continuing her involvement there as an Americorps volunteer.
Chris Saraceni- a 2010 RU Sociology alumnus. He is now Communications Lead at Beans and Rice, Inc. and is seeking assistance from current Sociology students. Beans and Rice assists low and moderate income families through hunger relief, after-school programs, job creation, and savings program.
Dr. Beth Lyman- Associate Professor of Sociology and Internship Coordinator, hosted the event, which was sponsored by the Department of Sociology and the Center for Social and Cultural Research.