College of Humanities & Behavioral Sciences
- College of Business and Economics
- College of Education and Human Development
- College of Graduate Studies and Research
- Waldron College of Health and Human Services
- College of Humanities and Behavioral Sciences
- Artis College of Science and Technology
- College of Visual and Performing Arts
- Other Offices and Departments
Instructor of Criminal Justice
- M.S., B.S., Longwood University
- Certificate in Public Administration, Longwood University
- A.A.S., Southside Virginia Community College
Mr. Wright joined the Radford University faculty in 2015.
As an employee with the Virginia Department of Corrections for 17 years, Mr. Wright’s interests include institutional corrections, criminal justice management and administration, ethics, correctional technologies, school / campus violence and criminal justice in both popular and social media. In his spare time, Mr. Wright is a fan of the Atlanta Braves and Washington Redskins. He also enjoys spending time with his family and riding motorcycles.
Recent Professional Activities
During his tenure with the Department of Corrections, Mr. Wright served in a number of capacities. He served as Warden and Lead Warden at Greensville Correctional Center and also served as a Warden for the preparation and opening of River North Correctional Center. Mr. Wright served on a number of committee appointments with the Virginia Department of Corrections and served a vital role in the development and deployment of Virginia CORIS, the official offender database utilized by the Virginia Department of Corrections. Mr. Wright received the Director’s Award for Teamwork in 2009, the Director’s Award for Purposeful in 2011, and the Director’s Award for Teamwork in 2014. He recently received a commendation from the General Assembly of Virginia for his 17 years of service to the Virginia Department of Corrections.