College of Education and Human Development
- College of Business and Economics
- College of Education and Human Development
- College of Graduate Studies and Research
- Waldron College of Health and Human Services
- College of Humanities and Behavioral Sciences
- Artis College of Science and Technology
- College of Visual and Performing Arts
- Other Offices and Departments
Dr. Laurie Bianchi, RDN
Dr. Laurie Bianchi earned her Ph.D. in Food Science and Technology at Virginia Tech, her M.S in Food Science and Human Nutrition at the University of Florida, and her B.S. in Scientific Nutrition at Texas A&M University. She also is an RDN and completed her dietetic internship at the University of Florida. She has worked previously in academia at Virginia Tech and as a pediatric dietitian in Florida and Texas with emphasis in pediatric oncology, gastroenterology, and neurology.
Her published works are in the area of food chemistry and sensory science and she wishes to continue to work in the area of sensory science and how one’s sensory perceptions of food affects food choices. She is also interested in the correlation between functional foods and health and disease.
Outside of her passion for science and teaching, she enjoys running, cycling, quilting and photography.