On-Campus Interviewing Program
The On-Campus Interviewing Program (OCI) gives our employers the opportunity to meet and interview students during on campus visits. You can interview students for internships and job opportunities.
Policies related to recruiting:
- Our office endorses the National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE) Principles for Professional Conduct for Career Services and Employment Professionals. Please be aware and abide by these principles.
- Weather-related closings: Please be aware that if the University is closed due to weather, all OCI schedules will need to be rescheduled.
- Interviews occur: Fall--mid-September to early December. Spring--mid-January to mid April.
- Visit HireAHighlander website to schedule an interview session.
- Sessions can start no earlier than 8:30 a.m. and the last scheduled interview must be finished prior to 5 p.m.
Steps in the OCI Program process:
- Log into HireAHighlander to create your schedule.
- Under "My On-Campus Schedules" select "New Schedule Request"
- Fill in the information under "Interview Request Preference" and hit "Save and Continue"
- Assign a job to the interview schedule and hit "Save and Continue"
- Preview and hit "Submit Request"
Informal OCI Program:
This program permits you to visit on shorter notice. This will fall under "Room Request Only" in HireAHighlander. To Participate:
- Collect student resumes from students through means convenient to you such as career fairs, job postings, presentations and/or information sessions.
- Log into HireAHighlander and create a schedule for "Room Request Only".
- You will be responsible for setting up the interview schedule with students
- A complete interview schedule is required to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org 24 hours prior to the interview session.
What to Expect on the Date of Interviews:
Location: All interviews will be held in the COBE interview suite, unless other arrangements have been made.
Parking: a parking permit will be sent by email prior to your visit. Park in Lot J at the COBE building.
Check-In: check in with the Employer Relations contact in Room 251 prior to going to your interview room. Please let us know if you need access to Guest Wi-Fi.
Employer Information Session/Information Table:
Information sessions are typically the evening prior to an interview day, in order to meet less formally with students and share general information about their organization. Not all Information Sessions are associated with interviews, they can be an informal time to meet and greet with students. Some employers choose to conduct an Information Table at the Student Center to hand out materials and meet informally with students passing by their table. These can be set up in HireAHighlander or by contacting Carolyn Sutphin at email@example.com.
As host you may offer food and beverages. Please note in accordance with professional standards, alcohol should not be served in connection with recruiting. If you need assistance, or have questions, please feel free to contact Carolyn Sutphin and she will be glad to assist you.